EMDR for Military and First Responders
FOR MILITARY CONTRACTORS, SOLDIERS, VETERANS, AND FIRST RESPONDERS Affinity Therapy Services understands that police, active military and other first responders endure unique on-duty and personal stresses, and also face many obstacles in seeking help.
Many members of our armed forces, police, and other first responders have difficulty coping with trauma and stress. Anger management problems are common, as are alcohol abuse, substance abuse and even domestic violence. These problems often stem from the inability to process and cope with the continual trauma (death, catastrophic events and serious injuries) and the difficulty readjusting to normal life when returning home or being off duty. Many individuals report having difficulty sleeping, regulating their emotions or report reliving traumatic events over and over again. These are all common signs of Post-Traumatic Stress Disorder (PTSD). Trauma and stress actually change an individual’s brain physiologically and psychologically, and it’s important to find healthy ways to cope.
Discounts available for military and first responders
- EMDR is the most researched and widely accepted psychotherapeutic method for the treatment of PTSD.
- EMDR therapy is recognized as an effective and efficient method of treatment by numerous government agencies and professional associations including
- US Department of Veterans Affairs and Department of Defense
- The American Psychiatric Association
- The American Psychological Association
- The International Society for Traumatic Stress Studies
- The National Health Service of the United Kingdom (NICE guidelines)
- The Israeli National Council for Mental Health
Some of our most effective therapeutic treatments to help people feel their best are:
- Cognitive-Behavioral Therapy
- Mindfulness-Based Therapy
- Solution-Based Therapy
- Parent Coaching
- Mood Regulation
- Motivational Interviewing